Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Tax Credit Available
Your Chrysler Pacifica may be eligible for a federal income tax credit of up to $7,500 if you own the Hybrid version. America’s only plug-in hybrid minivan features hybrid technology that senses when electric or gas is the better option, easy charging and total driving range of 520 miles in the 2021 iteration.
According to the US Department of Energy, all-electric and plug-in hybrid cars purchased new in or after 2010 may be eligible, with the credit amount varying based on the capacity of the vehicle’s battery.
For example, small neighborhood electric vehicles do not qualify for this specific credit, but may be eligible for others.
How to Claim Hybrid Tax Credit for Your Pacifica
In order to claim credit, visit this page on the US Department of Energy website, select “Chrysler” in the Manufacturer dropdown menu, and find the Pacifica model. If your Pacifica reaches all the requirements, you can fill out Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit.
The listed requirements in order to be certified for credit are as follows:
- The vehicle must be made by a manufacturer (i.e., it doesn’t include conventional vehicles converted to electric drive).
- It must be treated as a motor vehicle for purposes of title II of the Clean Air Act.
- It must have a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of not more than 14,000 lbs.
- It must be propelled to a significant extent by an electric motor which draws electricity from a battery which
- has a capacity of not less than 4 kilowatt hours and
- is capable of being recharged from an external source of electricity.
The following requirements must also be met for a certified vehicle to qualify:
- The original use of the vehicle commences with the taxpayer—it must be a new vehicle.
- The vehicle is acquired for use or lease by the taxpayer, and not for resale. (The credit is only available to the original purchaser of a new, qualifying vehicle. If a qualifying vehicle is leased to a consumer, the leasing company may claim the credit.)
- The vehicle is used mostly in the United States.
- The vehicle must be placed in service by the taxpayer during or after the 2010 calendar year.
If you have any questions regarding the Hybrid Tax Credit or your Chrysler Pacifica’s eligibility, feel free to reach out to us at Newberg dealership. Be sure to keep an eye out for Chrysler special offers on our new vehicle specials page.